Team Mission Statement
“Keele Practice is a long established GP surgery based on the Keele University Campus. It is committed to preserving and enhancing its good reputation for being caring by providing high quality medical services in a friendly, happy and healthy environment.
We undertake to:
We aim to work together to deliver good medical care in a personal manner to patients, taking into account the demands of family life of all.
We commit ourselves to being supportive of each other; to learning, and to improving the quality of our work through training, review and teamwork.
We strive to provide good access to an appropriate healthcare professional, and involve patients in any decisions that are made regarding their health.
We will have systems in place to ensure the safety of everyone using or working in our service.
We will treat everyone with respect and dignity, and take into account any challenges and difficulties that they may have
In return we ask you to:
Inform us of any suggestions or complaints that you have as soon as possible, so that we are able to address these
Cancel any appointments that you do not need to enable other patients to have these
Only use A&E or out of hours service if you cannot wait until the next surgery
Be nice to our staff, and let the know when you are happy with something”
The objectives of the practice
• Deliver the best possible patient care
• Have a good working environment
• Deliver as many services as possible
• Discuss and give patients choice wherever possible
• Maintain a high quality service whilst still reaching targets
• Increase the list size
• Keep staff up to date with training
• Provide patients with alternatives than coming into practice
• Have the best possible IT equipment
• Enable ease of access to all services
• Review protocols regularly
• Meet regularly with different groups
• Review and act on feedback from patients
• Use evidence based practice to make decisions
• Ensure that supply of appointments meets demand
• Identify weak areas and improve
• Keep A&E appointments and emergency admissions to a minimum
• Work with other practices
• Balance maximum service and maximum income to benefit patient and staff care